Tuesday 10 March 2015

11 months and counting

It is the eve of the eleventh month since Labour Day and my beautiful little fairy came rushing into the world. It is also the eve of an event which is almost as important, not quiet as important, but by jaysis it's up there! Tonight is the eve of the seventh night that my daughter has slept through the night, never waking once. This is the first time it has ever happened. She has always slept maybe two nights, possibly three, in a row, but never in all her life has she actually slept seven nights in a row.. I'm exhausted! 

It's at least 18 months since I've had this much undisrupted sleep. It's like my brain and my body have gone into shock. They can't believe it. Even my bladder has given up on the 4am "I'm full" call that I've had to answer to every night since I found out I was pregnant all them months ago! You would think I would be bouncing off the walls like a new woman who's decided to avail of the relaxed ecstasy laws that have appeared in the country. But instead, I'm walking around like a zombie wondering if there's any more sleep to be had. I actually had a nap this morning. A nap! I didn't have a nap when the child was three weeks old and I was still feeling like someone had turned me inside out and cleaned me with a scour brush! 

So, assuming my daughter doesn't fall at the last hurdle, I will be the happiest mammy in the world if she gives me 7 nights in a row! But, as I have said many times before, this too shall pass!!! No doubt she will punish my happiness with six weeks of insomnia.. But at least I can cling to the memory of seven nights on the trot!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment