Wednesday 25 March 2015

In 17 Days it's been a whole year

That's right. In 17 days time it will have been one whole year since I popped my little Dolly out and started this whole roller coaster they call motherhood. I can't believe how fast that time has gone, how much has changed and, alas, how much has not changed. Yep. In the twelve months less seventeen days since I gave birth I STILL have a stone to loose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. And don't even get me started on getting back to my wedding day weight or my skinny but thought I was fat weight. I'm picking my battles to win the war! 

So after all those thoughts happened, I found this; 


This is me on my hen day. This is now on my fridge as my thinspiration. Now, I realise that there are many that will look at that and think "hmmm, thinspiration? Really?" But when I look at that pic, it is of me the first time I ever looked in the mirror and actually liked what I saw looking back at me. That includes back in the old days when I was a size 12! I felt good, and fit and happy. I had worked so hard to get to that point and I was immensely proud of myself of sticking to guns and achieving what I had achieved. 

I liked the feelings I was remembering looking at the picture. 

So after that happened, this happened;


I went to my wardrobe and dug and dug and dug. Then I went to the spare room and checked there. Then under the stairs and eventually I found my runners. I brushed the spiders and their webs off them. Threw on a pair of leggings and a good supportive bra, flung the baby at Himself as he walked in the door and shouted over my shoulder "dinner will be late, I'm going for a run". And I did. 


Now I realise that 4.8k (it sounds more impressive than 3 miles) is not a huge achievement in the grand scale of things, but I think it has helped me find my motivation again. 

So I have 17 days to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. As always, my goals are realistic and achievable!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment