Tuesday 2 July 2013

Hayfever.... Nature's Revenge

Oh jesus the pollen count is sky high and it's breaking my heart. I have taken a weeks worth of anti - histamines today but I am still sneezing and my eyes are burning like they are being boiled in the fires of hell by Satan himself.   If only eyes were detachable.  I could pop them out, give them a wash, whack them in the fridge to cool down and then pop them back in right as rain.  And as for the sneezing? I don't just sneeze once, it's normally about 5 or 6 times
Sometimes I barely have a chance to catch my breath.  Which is difficult enough if your say, standing at a bus stop.  But you try doing that while booting down the road at 120km per hour.  Suffice to say it's not safe!

And the itch in my nose. God it's so bad that my whole face is itchy! I am like a lunatic rubbing my whole face!

I haven't been able to put a screed of mascara on in days. Everytime I do my eyes leak and I wind up looking like an auditionee for a really bad K.I.S.S tribute band. So I am wandering around with tiny red squinty leaky eyes and look tired and about to burst into tears... I've to be extra smily in work in case my new colleagues think I am unhappy!

Hayfever is the reason people doubt the moon landing.  It is hard to believe they can drop a person on the moon but can't find a way of stopping bloody flowers and grass rendering some of us red eyed leaking messes for 4 months of the year....

No comments:

Post a Comment